We want the implementation of our method into your daily routine to be as smooth and easy as possible, so we recommend the following tips:
- Don't help your child work through the problems. If you do, the information Smartick analyzes will be biased and distort your child's level. Let them work on their session independently.
- Work on their acceptance of mistakes and frustration tolerance. Smartick guarantees to get the most out of each child, regardless of their level or ability. To do this, we need to present exercises that students will not always be able to solve. This helps us know what their highest level of competence is.
- Motivate and value their work. Smartick is not a game and it is not always fun. Our goal is to ensure students learn. It is possible that students may not always have a great session, whether they don't get the results they want because they are too slow or don't earn enough ticks. Highlight the importance of working on their sessions to the best of their ability, and making mistakes is part of the learning process.
- Utilize the various resources available in your Parent Page. This can be a powerful tool during your family's Smartick experience. You can write personal messages or create specific challenges and rewards for your child, all of which will appear at the beginning of their session. This can help reinforce your daily efforts to have them work on their session but also provide additional motivation. Watch this video if you'd like help accessing the Parent Page.
- Turn to our Pedagogical Support Team. If you are having any doubts regarding your child's sessions or progress, you can reach out for advice and clarification by telephone, chat, or [email protected].